- Category: USS Arizona Survivor List
- Created: Friday, 01 October 1999 00:00
- Last Updated: Saturday, 28 May 2016 06:40
Galen Owen Ballard
Fireman First Class
with wife Dorothy 1991
- Service Number: 311 14 62
- Rate: F1/c (Fireman First Class)
- Duties: Fire and tend boilers. Operate, adjust and repair pumps.
- Enlisted: 18 November 1935
- Place: Detroit, Michigan
- Onboard USS Arizona: 14 March 1936
- Date of Birth: 24 February 1916
- Place of Birth: Cedar Springs, Michigan
- Date of Death: 24 October 1995
- Place: Pinellas, Florida
- Buried: Bay Pines National Cemetery, Bay Pines, Florida
Information researched and compiled by N. A. Nease and provided on USSARIZONA.ORG free of charge.
May not be reprinted in any form, other than educational use, without prior written permission of the author.