- Category: USS Arizona Survivor List
- Created: Friday, 01 October 1999 07:00
- Last Updated: Saturday, 28 May 2016 06:53
Howard Kenton Potts
Ken Potts 2010
- Branch: United States Navy
- Service Number: Living - Hidden for Privacy
- Rate: COX (Coxswain)
- Duties: Work with canvas and handle boats. Know signaling.
- Enlisted: 4 October 1939
- Place: St. Louis, Missouri
- Onboard USS Arizona: 31 December 1939
- From: NTS Great Lakes
- Date of Birth: Living - Hidden for Privacy
- Place of Birth: Illinois
Ken Potts was loading fruits and vegetables for the crew when the attack happened. He climbed into the ship and helped evacuate all of the wounded sailors. A few weeks later, Potts was given a new assignment with classified information, and the FBI had to check on him. He discharged from the Navy in 1945. Ken Potts and his wife moved to Provo, Utah. In 2011, he went back to Honolulu to commemorate the 70th anniversary.
Information researched and compiled by N. A. Nease and provided on USSARIZONA.ORG free of charge.
May not be reprinted in any form, other than educational use, without prior written permission of the author.