- Category: USS Arizona Casualty List
- Created: Monday, 21 February 2000 00:00
- Last Updated: Thursday, 09 June 2016 23:28
Burton Lowell Carter
Seaman Second Class
B. L. CARTER
- Branch: United States Navy
- Service Number: 3813876
- Rate: S1/c (Seaman First Class)
- Duties: Know naval drill duties, knots, steering and signaling. Stand watch and gunnery duties.
- Enlisted: 19 December 1940
- Place: San Diego, California
- Onboard USS Arizona: 24 August 1941
- From: NTS San Diego, California
- Date of Birth: 16 August 1923
- Place of Birth: Los Angeles County, California
- Hometown / State December 1941: San Diego, California
- Next of Kin: Mr. Fred Eugene Carter - Father
- Address: 1636 Fern St., San Diego, California
- Disposition: Unrecoverable – Among the 900+ souls still onboard the USS Arizona
- Posthumous Awards: Purple Heart, American Defense Service Medal w/Fleet Clasp, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal w/Star, WWII Victory Medal
Information researched and compiled by N. A. Nease and provided on USSARIZONA.ORG free of charge.
May not be reprinted in any form, other than educational use, without prior written permission of the author.