- Category: USS Arizona Casualty List
- Created: Monday, 21 February 2000 00:00
- Last Updated: Thursday, 09 June 2016 23:08
Robert Lewis Carroll
Seaman First Class
R. L. CARROLL
- Branch: United States Navy
- Service Number: 262 43 27
- Rate: S1/c (Seaman First Class)
- Duties: Know naval drill duties, knots, steering and signaling. Stand watch and gunnery duties.
- Enlisted: 1 October 1935
- Place: Raleigh, North Carolina
- Onboard USS Arizona: 30 December 1940
- From: RS Bremerton, Washington
- Date of Birth: 1921
- Place of Birth: North Carolina
- Hometown / State December 1941: St. Pauls, North Carolina
- Next of Kin: Mr. Pat Calvin Carroll - Father
- Address: Rt. 1, St. Pauls, North Carolina
- Disposition: Unrecoverable – Among the 900+ souls still onboard the USS Arizona
- Posthumous Awards: Purple Heart, American Defense Service Medal w/Fleet Clasp, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal w/Star, WWII Victory Medal
Information researched and compiled by N. A. Nease and provided on USSARIZONA.ORG free of charge.
May not be reprinted in any form, other than educational use, without prior written permission of the author.