- Category: USS Arizona Casualty List
- Created: Monday, 21 February 2000 00:00
- Last Updated: Thursday, 09 June 2016 21:43
Robert Nelson Carpenter
Mess Attendant First Class
R. N. CARPENTER
- Branch: United States Navy
- Service Number: 250 40 00
- Rate: MAtt1/c (Mess Attendant First Class)
- Duties: Serves food to officers and crew aboard ship. Prepares hot and cold drinks, and fruits, for serving, and sets tables for meals.
- Enlisted: 1 October 1935
- Place: Likely Enlisted from Pennsylvania
- Onboard USS Arizona: 28 April 1941
- From: NTS San Diego, California
- Date of Birth: 11 August 1915
- Place of Birth: Pittsburg, Pennsylvania
- Hometown / State December 1941: Hickory, Virginia
- Next of Kin: Mrs. Dorothy Bright Carpenter - Wife
- Address: Hickory, Virginia
- Disposition: Unrecoverable – Among the 900+ souls still onboard the USS Arizona
- Posthumous Awards: Purple Heart, American Defense Service Medal w/Fleet Clasp, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal w/Star, WWII Victory Medal
Information researched and compiled by N. A. Nease and provided on USSARIZONA.ORG free of charge.
May not be reprinted in any form, other than educational use, without prior written permission of the author.