- Category: USS Arizona Casualty List
- Created: Monday, 21 February 2000 00:00
- Last Updated: Saturday, 04 June 2016 20:50
Ivan Lee Block
Pharmacist's Mate Second Class
I. L. BLOCK
- Branch: United States Navy
- Service Number: 372 06 32
- Rate: PhM3/c (Pharmacist's Mate Third Class)
- Duties: Take charge of sick bay. Do minor surgery and administer simple medicines.
- Enlisted: 9 July 1938
- Place: Denver, Colorado
- Onboard USS Arizona: 19 July 1941
- From: RS San Francisco, California
- Date of Birth: 29 May 1918
- Place of Birth: St. Johns, Arizona
- Hometown / State December 1941: Glorieta, New Mexico
- Next of Kin: Mr. Vern Gibbons Block - Father
- Address: Glorieta, New Mexico
- Disposition: Unrecoverable – Among the 900+ souls still onboard the USS Arizona
- Posthumous Awards: Purple Heart, American Defense Service Medal w/Fleet Clasp, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal w/Star, WWII Victory Medal
Information researched and compiled by N. A. Nease and provided on USSARIZONA.ORG free of charge.
May not be reprinted in any form, other than educational use, without prior written permission of the author.