- Category: USS Arizona Casualty List
- Created: Monday, 21 February 2000 00:00
- Last Updated: Monday, 30 May 2016 01:25
John Henry Bangert, Jr.
Fire Controlman First Class
J. H. Bangert, Jr.
- Branch: United States Navy
- Service Number: 243 50 77
- Rate: FC1/c (Fire Controlman First Class)
- Duties: Stow, inspect and repair fire control instruments. Take charge of fire control equipment. Know electricity - A.C. and D.C. Man fire control stations.
- Enlisted: 27 January 1936
- Place: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Onboard USS Arizona: 17 June 1936
- Date of Birth: 01 August 1916
- Place of Birth: Pennsylvania
- Hometown / State December 1941: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Next of Kin: Mr. John Henry Bangert, Sr. - Father
- Address: 4358 North Franklin Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Disposition: Interment 22 March 1949 Punchbowl O-189
- Posthumous Awards: Purple Heart, American Defense Service Medal w/Fleet Clasp, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal w/Star, WWII Victory Medal
Information researched and compiled by N. A. Nease and provided on USSARIZONA.ORG free of charge.
May not be reprinted in any form, other than educational use, without prior written permission of the author.