- Category: USS Arizona Casualty List
- Created: Monday, 21 February 2000 00:00
- Last Updated: Monday, 30 May 2016 01:13
Robert Adair Anderson
Gunner's Mate Third Class
R. A. ANDERSON
- Branch: United States Navy
- Service Number: 342 10 20
- Rate: GM3/c (Gunner's Mate Third Class)
- Duties: Take charge of gun and crew. Assemble and fire all types of guns. Handle ammunition. Handle mines and depth charges.
- Enlisted: 17 January 1939
- Place: Kansas City Missouri
- Onboard USS Arizona: 8 July 1939
- From: NTS Great Lakes
- Date of Birth: 12 October 1920
- Place of Birth: Missouri
- Hometown / State on December 1941: Kansas City, Missouri
- Next of Kin: Mr. James C. Anderson - Father
- Address: 4232 Prospect Ave., Kansas City, Missouri
- Disposition: Unrecoverable – Among the 900+ souls still onboard the USS Arizona
- Posthumous Awards: Purple Heart, American Defense Service Medal w/Fleet Clasp, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal w/Star, WWII Victory Medal
Information researched and compiled by N. A. Nease and provided on USSARIZONA.ORG free of charge.
May not be reprinted in any form, other than educational use, without prior written permission of the author.